Protecting your home and possessions

Home insurance

Home insurance is a vital part of safeguarding your property and belongings. Home insurance can be made up of two levels of cover: Buildings, for the structure of your home (Walls, Roof, Windows etc.) and Contents, for everything inside the property (Furniture, TV’s, Laptops etc.).

In the event of your home being damaged by fire, flood, storm damage, malicious damage or theft a home insurance policy covers the costs of repairing or replacing, removing any financial loss you could incur. So when it comes to finding insurance it’s important that you get quality cover as well as a competitive price.

As well as standard perils being included you can also choose to cover personal belongings away from the home, accidental damage, legal expenses and home emergency assistance.

We are partnered with Nest GI Ltd, a home insurance specialist. Nest are a team of trained advisers who will offer you full advice and recommend products tailored to your individual needs. They have access to a large panel of 5 star Defaqto rated providers and will ensure you are getting the best cover for your needs.

Buildings & contents insurance

As the biggest investment you are likely to make and the largest asset you will own, it is important that you put in place the right kind of insurance to protect it from damage or loss.

There are 3 types of home insurance policy;

  • Buildings insurance – providing cover for the structure of the property such as the walls, foundations, and roof as well as fixtures and fittings such as fitted kitchen units and bathrooms.
  • Contents insurance – giving you cover for all of the things that make your property a home; from furniture and soft furnishings to white goods as well as your personal possessions such as clothes, jewellery, and computer equipment.
  • Combined policy – this type of policy provides cover for both the external building and what you keep in it and often works out cheaper than having 2 separate policies.  If you live in rented accommodation however you will typically only need contents insurance as your landlord will cover the cost of the buildings cover.

Getting the right kind of cover

It can often be difficult to know the exact amount of cover you will need to protect your home and its contents which is why working with a general insurance broker such as Key Solutions will ensure you are adequately covered. There are also a number of optional extras to consider such as accidental damage, personal possessions away from home, legal expenses and home emergency cover all of which will impact on the premium you pay and the cover you have.

Best General Insurance Broker UKThere are also a number of optional extras to consider such as accidental damage, personal possessions away from home, legal expenses and home emergency cover all of which will impact on the premium you pay and the cover you have.

Our experienced advisers will discuss your home and its contents with you in detail along with the optional extras available so that we both have a clear understanding of the level of cover you need.  With access to a large panel of leading 5 star Defaqto rated underwriters, we can then source the right policy for your circumstances.

In 2018, out of all the brokers within the UK, we won ‘Best Broker for General Insurance’ at the Mortgage Strategy Awards, which was awarded to us for delivering the best service to clients.

So you can be sure we’ll always provide a personal service tailored to your needs.

Cover benefits

Our cover provides protection for your buildings and/or contents against:

  • Storm or flood
  • Fire, smoke, explosion, lightning or earthquake
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Impact or collision
  • Escape of water or oil
  • Malicious damage or vandalism
  • Subsidence landslip or heave
  • Riots or civil commotion

What’s included?

  • Alternative accommodation to temporarily relocate you and your family, including pets should your home be uninhabitable.
  • Trace and access cover to locate the source of water and oil leaks
  • New for old replacement giving you peace of mind that damaged possessions will be replaced at the same quality
  • Replacement of locks and keys to keep your home safe and secure
  • Business equipment to cover any office equipment kept in the home
  • Cover for contents kept in outbuildings
  • 24 hour emergency helpline to help with emergencies such as boiler breakdown or leaking pipes
  • Choice of excess from £50 to £500

Benefits of arranging your home insurance with Nest

  • Nest take full responsibility for their advice. When completing an application online, directly with an insurer or through another broker the policy may be arranged on a non-advised basis. This means that you are responsible for ensuring the cover meets your requirements and that you fit the full eligibility, any mistakes could result in a claim being rejected or not paid in full
  • Completely fee free, even for making changes to your policy
  • No form filing or admin, they do it all for you!
  • Cover available for landlords, non-standard properties and commercial products
  • If you would like to arrange home insurance for a new property or a review your existing arrangements please get in touch today and we will introduce you to Nest!

Our clients say…

It’s always great to get positive feedback from happy customers and we are lucky enough to receive it time and time again.  Here’s just a small selection of what our customers have said.

The Key Solutions Difference

In addition to the cover included, choosing Key Solutions offers you some further benefits

2 years no claims bonus for first time buyers


2 years no claims bonus for all first time buyers– effectively up to a 20% discount


No charges for making changes to your policy

Contact our buildings & contents specialist


Nest GI are our General Insurance experts, they will be able to help arrange the relevant cover for your home and possessions.
Contact them on 03330 110555

Contact Our Buildings & Contents Specialist


Edward Jackson is our General Insurance Manager, he will be able help you arrange the relevant cover for your home and possessions. Contact him on:
Call: 01934 520777